Planning a wedding can be difficult and having a dream wedding can prove to be more complicated. Every bride has envisioned her wedding her entire life and wishes to have the perfect wedding day. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford a grand wedding in an expensive villa or have the best wedding videography. If your budget is a little tight, there’s no time like now to come up with ways to save for your special day. You are probably still on a stage where you can make a few changes on your decisions like picking the date, location, invitations, flowers and rings. Here are a few money saving tips you can do to make that dream wedding a reality.
– Get yourself organized. This is the best way to save money. Get started by making a wedding checklist to keep track of everything like contact numbers, receipts, estimates and contracts. Organizing all your paper work will help you on big decisions like choosing the right location to fit your budget.
– Trim the guest list. This is the fastest way to save money on your wedding. Although this is a difficult process because you want everybody you know to attend the wedding. Cross out from the list the names of the guests who are possibly just obligated to attend but will not feel bad if they are not asked to come.
– If the wedding ceremony and reception will be held in a hotel ask for a discount if your family and friends are also planning to stay in the same one. Book these rooms ahead of time to get the best rates.
– Avoid planning your wedding date on holidays and consider having it on a Friday or Sunday. Holidays and Saturdays are usually in high demand for weddings and other especial events. Some services like rental rate will provide discounts on lower demand days.
– You should book everything in advance especially the wedding reception and catering services because last minute bookings usually have the highest charge.
– A buffet service rather than the plated sit down service will save you a significant amount in the labor cost.
– On the day itself, follow the schedule for the ceremony. Musicians usually charge an hourly rate and will charge more if asked them to perform beyond the time range in their contract. The same goes for the charge for the limousine service.
– If you are lucky enough to have an artistic friend who is familiar with flower arrangement and invitations then feel free to ask them to lend their talents. This will help you save hundred of dollars.
– Insert an RSVP card with your wedding invitation. Do not forget to put your contact number on the card so the guests will be able to respond right away.
– Consider alternative wedding locations like public parks or conservatories. This will not only save you an extra hundred dollars but your wedding will be unique as well.
– Hire a good videographer. After everything is over, the only thing left will be your memories and your wedding video. The wedding videography will preserve and capture the most treasured moments you have on your special day. Nothing can fix a poor wedding video. Not only did you waste your money on hiring a bad videographer but you also ruined your last glimpse of your big day.
A wedding is a momentous occasion; you should not worry on the huge amount of money you are going to spend on it. Just follow these money saving tips so you won’t break the bank and have a little extra to spend on that honeymoon.